Have you ever had a patient who had difficulty taking the medication you prescribed? You’re not alone. Patient non-compliance is a familiar challenge, and can result in the treatment being less effective than it could be. Common reasons for patient non-compliance may include:
- Stomach irritation when taking oral medications
- Reluctance to take the medication due to its taste
- Issues with the route of administration, such as difficulty swallowing
- Difficulty keeping track of multiple medications
- Requiring a different dose of medication than that which is available commercially
- Patients who don’t want to take medication at all, especially children.
As a full-service pharmacy that specializes in compounding for healthcare providers, Cascade Custom Pharmacy provides personalized solutions for medication challenges such as these. Working closely with the patient and the prescriber, we can help solve medication problems to meet the unique needs of each patient.
Benefits of Compounding
Compounding allows a medication to be customized for an individual patient. The ability to create these personalized medications allows us to help patients with a wide variety of needs, such as:
- Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Men’s Health
- Pain Management
- Dermatological and Cosmetic Compounds
- Dental Compounding
- Hospice/Palliative Care
- Veterinary Compounding
We Can Make Medication That Is Difficult to Find or Discontinued
Sometimes a large pharmaceutical manufacturer discontinues a medication. Often this happens because not enough patients are taking the drug, so it is unprofitable for them to keep mass-producing it. But what about the patients who still need that drug? Hundreds or even thousands of patients still may need that medication. That’s where we come in! As a compounding pharmacy, we can recreate that medication by compounding it.
As one of the premiere compounding centers in the area, we feature an on-site compounding lab that uses only the safest, highest quality materials and state-of-the-art equipment, which is staffed by pharmacists and technicians who have received specialized training from Professional Compounding Center of America (PCCA).